Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

It is that time of year again. When I was vaccuuming the house tonight I realised that I hadn't made a decision to put up the tree, so it is still sitting in the cupboard where I found it today while looking for a ball of yarn that I had lost. My house is looking decidedly unChristmassy, except for the cards on the shelf above the kitchen splashback, and the presents needing to be wrapped sitting on the table. Amongst those presents are a selection of pressies for my neighbours gorgeous baby girl born today. I am assuming she is gorgeous, I haven't met her yet, but her parents are great people. Congrats to G and S on the birth of little K! Merry Christmas.

Back to the ball of yarn. I have been looking for it for about 3 months, which is when I last put it in a safe place. Since then, I have turned the place upside down numerous times looking for the rotten thing. Of course, I found it in the last place I looked, which was also a place I am sure I have looked before. Now if only I could remember which project I had decided I was going to use it for. It was either mittens or a hat.

Speaking of hats, one of my great work mates bought me flowers for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, so I returned the favour by making her a hat. I think I became addicted to Patons Jet while I was making it, it is great stuff to work with. When I get time I will post a pic of it. Right now I have to find a pattern on Ravelry that I thought I had printed.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow, whether it be close to family or far away from them.
I know I will have a great day, my wonderful Mum makes her delicious Christmas Pudding while watching the Christmas Eve carols. Can't wait to eat it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh Trudi - that's the kind of thing that happens to me - I'm looking for yarn or fabric and then find it MONTHS after I gave up on it! I think I have naughty fairies in this house.

Hope you had a great Christmas yesterday.

M x